Monday, September 21, 2009

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black VS. MaxFactor Volume Couture

I've seen some really neat blogs with the best mascara reviews. I've come to love clumpsofmascara.com that does Mascara Mondays every week. Really neat!  Two of her go-to mascaras I had to try for myself: L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black & MaxFactor Volume Couture.  She loved them both for volume. Her review was one of the few that actually gives detailed photos and even some video. I went ahead and tried them out for myself and even got some photos. Which is better on my latino- philipino-esq eyes? And what would they look like together? Hmmm... check it out:
(note: I used Carbon Black voluminous not the original)
The lighting in some photos is a bit different because I applied on different days. Few times at home, and a few in the car... (wasn't driving :))



Here is what it looked like.
1. Natural
2. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
3. Max Factor Volume Couture
4. Both applied together
(You can click on the photo to see them larger in a new window.)



Results for me?  I would say I like them both! MF Volume Couture was only a dollar or less more than L'Oreal Voluminous and it made my lashes super long.(I know some have found the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara at Target for $3.99 - not me yet. They were both around $7-$8.00)  A few eyelashes were just below my eyebrows while looking upwards.  Some have found that it is impossible to clump MF mascara but I found this was not so with me. At the end of my second coat some of my lashes started to bunch and on the third it would have clumped so I stopped there. L'Oreal Voluminous does clump, but I thought it clumped in a good way. It made my lashes super dark and curled upwards nice and well coated. I did not like that I couldn't go for a third coat because If I did I would most definitely need a lash comb, which surprisingly enough, I do not own. MaxFactor was great for length, and L'Oreal great for dark color. Together? Awesomeness! One big difference I noticed between the two was that L'Oreal Voluminous gave my eye lashes a dark heavy look. (fullness?) and MaxFactor Volume Couture was not so heavy.  L'Oreal Voluminous does come off under your eyes if you sweat. After a workout I had a bit, but not much. It was a bit more difficult to remove as well. MaxFactor Volume Couture did not come off on my cheeks AT ALL, even during a workout, and it amazingly removed quite easily! This surprised me very much. If I could just choose one? Hmmm.. That's a hard one but I'd probably go for MaxFactor for these reasons: It gives great length. I could go ahead for that third coat and get that little bit of clump that I like for volume and darkness if I wanted. It has super staying power, AND taking it off is a breeze. But right now I'm loving that I have the choice to go either or.  What will I do in 3 months when I have to choose? I don't want to think about it!



What about you? Have you tried these mascaras? What did you think?  Also, I saw the MaxFactor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper. It looks great, but the reviews online have not been so nice... Has anyone tried that one? Is it worth $10.00 or is Volume Couture still the better mascara?



That's it folks! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment